The Governing Body:
- is committed, through its Safeguarding Policy, to ensure that the school meets all statutory regulations in this area and follows relevant local procedures.
- recruits staff and volunteers in line with safer recruitment processes.
- ensures that the necessary procedures are followed for dealing with any allegations of abuse against staff and volunteers.
- monitors the appointment of a designated senior member of staff for dealing with issues concerning the safeguarding of children.
- accesses appropriate safeguarding children training as required.
- meets the Prevent Duty in our school as described in the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015 to have “due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism”. See our Safeguarding Policy.
The Designated Lead Professional for Safeguarding and for Prevent is Mr John Bayes (Headteacher)
The Alternate Designated Professionals are Mrs Amanda Wigzell (Deputy Head) and Mrs Judy Taliku (Office Manager)
Mrs. Christine Woodard is the Governor with responsibility for safeguarding and Prevent.
The lead for online safety is Mr John Bayes (Headteacher).